Overnight Oximetry Testing Simplified
Simplify Your Oxygen Therapy Qualification Process With Vitalistics and ODIE
Vitalistics™ is a Medicare-approved Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF) that provides an extremely user friendly, Medicare compliant testing process to qualify patients for oxygen therapy. This process allows the Durable Medical Equipment (DME) to be a courier for the overnight oximetry testing device for the purpose of home oxygen qualification.
To submit a claim for home oxygen therapy items and equipment, the supplier must have the support of a qualifying oximetry test results. Specifically, CMS requires the treating physician or a qualified provider or supplier of laboratory services to have conducted the qualifying blood gas study for it to be valid. Vitalistics provides qualified laboratory services. CMS allows patients to self-administer their overnight pulse oximetry test. While the DME is allowed to be the courier of the oximetry device, they are in no way able to provide any instruction to the patient or process the result data.
Overnight oximetry testing may only conducted after a written physician’s order and patient consent has been received by Vitalistics. Once the test is completed, the DME provider simply connects the oximeter to their computer and uploads the test data to Vitalistics’ HIPPA compliant servers for processing. ODIE creates a detailed report that is transmitted to the patient’s treating physician, who may then order home oxygen, if indicated.
A copy of the oxygen report is made available to the DME after Vitalistics receives confirmation that the physician has received the report.
Simple Test Ordering and Management
Enter, edit, and track all your orders using ODIE. Designed to save time, the dashboard was developed to optimize your workflow and give you quick access to all of your patient and test information. Orders are entered quickly, and next steps are clear with our wizard-like workflow. Incoming faxes are bar-coded and quickly scanned into ODIE. Alerts keep you posted on the status of tests. ODIE is the most efficient way to go from order entry to getting test results available today.
Benefits of ODIE
- ODIE may be used by any DME or physician provider who enters an account online.
- ODIE is compatible with most popular oximeters.
- Pre-filled Physician Written Orders and Consent Forms are available for printing with every test order so obtaining the necessary paperwork is efficient.
- ODIE produces a report containing a one page summary and multiple detailed pages. The report is easy to read and includes data, as well as graphs.
- Providers can track their success by utilizing the ODIE Dashboard. The dashboard enables providers to assess their oxygen qualification business activities.
- Providers can increase the number of oxygen patients they service by utilizing Vitalistics’ easily customized marketing materials.