How To Turn Your Morning From Blah Into Fantastic
Mornings should be a fantastic, inspiring, productive time of day. If yours feels blah, robotic or even worse, like drudgery, it’s time to make a change.
Your morning routine is key to whether your mornings are blah or fantastic. It sets the stage for how effectively you get going for the day. If your morning routine starts with hitting the snooze button for a few extra minutes in bed, we have bad news for you, scientists have shown that it really isn’t good for you. Are you ready to wake up the right way and make your mornings more inspiring and worthwhile? Check out this list of do’s and don’ts to turn them around!
- Get everything you need for the next day ready before bed (including your clothes and lunch) – streamlines your routine and minimizes decision-making
- Set the alarm for the same time every morning including weekends – keeps your sleep/wake cycle on track
- Get up the first time your alarm goes off – avoid sleep inertia from going back to sleep for a few minutes
- Take in some sunshine – open the curtains or blinds
- Take a morning shower – it will energize you and make you feel fresh
- Turn on some upbeat music – it will motivate you and boost your mood
- Enjoy a morning workout – it increases your energy and makes it easier to get to sleep at night
- Eat a healthy breakfast – give your body the fuel it needs to function during the first half of the day
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea – the little caffeine boost will wake you up more quickly
- Select an annoying or jarring alarm – it starts you off on the wrong note from the beginning
- Hit the snooze button on your alarm (not even once) – it will leave you feeling groggy
- Wake up in the dark – it will make your body think you should still be sleeping
- Force yourself to make unnecessary decisions – you don’t make the best choices when tired
- Turn on the TV while you’re trying to get ready – it will only slow you down
- Leave the house without drinking something – you’re a little dehydrated from sleeping
- Skip breakfast – starting the day without fuel will keep you feeling tired
Put your morning on track to be fantastic by implementing this list of do’s and don’ts into your morning ritual.